Posted July 26, 2019 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Introducing ThunderCloud Learning
Thundercloud Training powered by Lynda.com is becoming Thundercloud Learning powered by LinkedIn Learning
We’re excited to announce that our online learning platform Lynda.com will be upgraded to LinkedIn Learning during the week of August 12, 2019!
Lynda.com has served Wheaton College well for the last few years with over 13,000 videos viewed by faculty, staff and students annually. To ensure that our community continues to have access to this wide library of content, we were thrilled to negotiate a special deal in partnership with Elmhurst College and North Central College for the next three years. Wheaton College is grateful for strategic partnerships like this with other nearby colleges.
- Some of the topics typically chosen by students are Mathematica, GRE or GMAT Test Prep, HTML Essentials, or Photoshop, among many others.
- Faculty often include links in syllabi and tutorials on communication skills, as well as how to use Excel.
- Staff regularly use LinkedIn Learning for tips and tricks on Outlook, Excel, Adobe products such as Illustrator and InDesign, as well as soft skills like being positive at work.
As we make this transition to LinkedIn Learning, we are also introducing ThunderCloud Learning powered by LinkedIn Learning (to replace ThunderCloud Training powered by Lynda.com.) The needs of our faculty, staff, and students are constantly changing and we want to keep up with those changes. This re-branding shows that there is more to ThunderCloud Learning powered by LinkedIn Learning than just training.
LinkedIn Learning will offer students, faculty and staff access to the same high-quality courses that were available on Lynda.com in a new, easy-to-use interface. With LinkedIn Learning, you also have the option to connect your LinkedIn profile with your account to get personalized recommendations based on your current skills and position.
- Access to more than 10,000 courses in business, creative and technology skills taught by expert instructors
- Ability to connect your learning to your LinkedIn profile for custom recommendations based on your goals, position, and skills
Impact on Campus Community
Users will experience a new and intuitive interface that will deliver a personalized learning experience when linked with your existing or new LinkedIn account.
All learning activity since January 2018, including course progress and certificates of completion, will be transferred to the new platform.
Existing Lynda.com users with LinkedIn Learning accounts will receive an email with steps to activate your new LinkedIn Learning account. Users without a LinkedIn Learning account will receive additional information about creating a LinkedIn account.
Click this link for more information about LinkedIn Learning.
Click here for more information and an FAQ page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.