Where we care well for ALL students
Welcome to Student Care Services Office!
As the heart of support and resources for the Wheaton College campus community, SCS is available as the central point of contact for proactive, responsive, coordinated care and support for the retention of students. We are here to come along side you as you navigate your holistic needs encompassing the emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, physical, and mental health concerns. Your overall success is important to us, so we partner with you to help you thrive in your community.
Caring for your full well-being
We meet with you to hear your concerns, address your individual needs, and coordinate relevant resources to support and care for you well. SCS partners with you to establish a care plan of support and offer workshops and seminars to faculty, staff and students to provide tips on caring well for our community, you and your friends.
Support services available to you
- Coordination and communication with faculty, staff and campus departments regarding your needs
- Develop Care plans for self-care, self-advocacy and coordinated support
- Holistic empowerment during challenging times and difficult decisions
- Hospitalization Liaison support and coordinated care
- Off-campus travel assessment, coordinated support and established travel care plans
- Support and Resource Request Form available 24/7 through your Wheaton student on-line portal
Additional Services for you
- Information, workshops and programs to address current student care needs
- Available to faculty, staff, and students for workshops on best practices for how to refer, respond to and support student concerns
- Provide referrals for on and off campus resources
- Available to meet with you to work through concerns and process needs
- The Director serves as your Deputy Title IX and discrimination officer for all students
Partnerships and Campus Resources
- Wheaton College Counseling Center - 630.752.5321
- Learning and Accessibility Services - 630.752.5615
- Student Health Services - 630.752.5072
- Residence Life - 630.752.5427
- Public Safety Services - 630.752.5911
- Title IX Office - 630.752.7885
- Graduate Student Life - 630.752.7084
- International Student Programs - 630.752.5919
- Office of Multicultural Development - 630.752.5028
You can make an appointment
You can schedule individual appointments with the SCS office assistant, Andrea Powell, by calling 630.752.5022 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to caring and supporting you well!
Student Care Services Staff
Director of Student Care Services
Student Care Services Office Assistant
Community Partnerships and Resources
We work with various community partners to support the full well-being of the student and their needs as they pursue their education at Wheaton College.