We understand that Wheaton students come from many backgrounds and have diverse health care needs. We will both treat you and teach you how to find your best potential health so you can focus on your education.
How to Schedule at Student Health Services (SHS)
To schedule an appointment, please call 630.752.5072. We are not scheduling through MyChart this semester. Due to the high number of calls we estimate our office will be receiving, please leave a message with the following information if we do not answer:
- ID Number
- Reason for appointment
- Times/days available to be seen
You may also send us an email with this information.
We are located in North Harrison Hall, 800 Centennial Drive, Suite 130, Wheaton, IL 60187
If POSITIVE on a self-test:
- Call (630-752-5072) or email SHS (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an appointment for a confirmatory test—no extra cost (If after hours or on weekends, please leave a message with your name, student ID number, and cell phone number stating you need an appointment for a confirmatory test and follow the protocol listed below.)
- If a student goes home before coming to SHS, they must email a verified lab positive to receive a 5-day Notice of Absence
- Students will receive an excused 5-day Notice of Absence the day they test positive OR the first day symptoms start; email professors to make a plan to keep current with coursework
- Isolate yourself in your on-campus residence or at home for 5 days
- Wear a face covering when picking up grab-and-go meals in the dining hall and common bathrooms during isolation
- You may rejoin campus life 5 days after isolation, but you must wear a face covering for the next five days (Days 6 to 10)
- Students must notify close contacts on their own (within 6 feet for greater than 15 minutes in a day)
- Notify SHS by email if more excused time of absence is needed due to continuing symptoms or for any concerning symptoms
If named as a CLOSE CONTACT:
- You do not need to quarantine
- Do a self-test on Day 5 from the last exposure
- Test any day you are symptomatic within 14 days of exposure
- Students with additional medical risks if they contract COVID-19 (e.g. compromised immune system) should contact SHS if they are a close contact for further information
- COVID tests will cost $10 at SHS
- Test on your own, then come to SHS for a free confirmatory test if you get a positive result
- If you are seeing a provider or nurse at SHS due to symptoms without having tested on your own, COVID-19 tests will cost $10 at SHS
- Notice of Absence will ONLY be given for a positive result
We are closely monitoring monkeypox virus activity and will adjust our response and resources as needed. This viral infection is rare and does not usually cause serious illness, but in some cases it can be severe and even life-threatening. Currently, the virus is spreading primarily via sexual and other intimate contact. Some groups at heightened risk for severe outcomes include people with suppressed immune systems, elderly people, children under 8 years old, and people who are pregnant. We will continue to provide updates on this webpage regarding our response as needed. For the most up-to-date information, you can visit U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Community Resources
- Map of Local Resources
- Form to Request Copy of Medical Records (PDF)
- Resources for Wheaton in Chicago (PDF)
This website is best supported by a web browser other than Internet Explorer.