Welcome to the Academic Advising Office
Academic Advisors are here to support all students from their first-year registration through graduation. In collaboration with Faculty Academic Advisors, the staff Academic Advisors provide coaching and resources to students to support their academic success.
How-to Earn Credit Over the Summer
There are four options for students to earn credit by taking courses during the summer.
Academic advising at Wheaton College is a collaborative effort. Learn how the different roles fit together below.
- Actively reaches out for assistance from appropriate advisors
- Learns academic program requirements & tools that aid with planning
- Takes responsibility & makes decisions for his/her academic path
- Prepares for discussions with advisors by formulating a list of plans, question & goals
- Primary advisor for all students
- Serves as a First Year Advisor for new students exploring majors
- Assigned based on major & course study
- Expert in discipline & requirements for major
- Resource for professional goals, graduate school options, internships & networking
- Facilitates student's intellectual, social, emotional & spiritual growth
- Available to all students; specializes in transfer, international, first generation, students receiving accommodation & for those who are still exploring their path
- Experts in Christ at the Core (CATC) general education requirements
- Clarifies policies & procedures for students
- Facilitates students' success by referring to campus resources
- Provides support for First Year Students as they transition from Admissions to first day of classes
- Stands in the gap for Faculty Advisors during summer terms
If you would like to meet with an academic advisor to discuss your major, minor, or Christ at the Core requirements; transfer credits; transcript evaluations; study abroad plans; or graduation requirements, you can make an appointment virtually or in person.