Oracle HCM Overview (Human Resources)
Our Banner systems are being replaced by Oracle for three business functions at the College – human resources management, along with budget and finance management. The systems are in the process of being built and tested. The Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) system will be fully implemented in April 2023, to support the HR department.
Oracle ERP & EPM Overview (Finance)
Our Banner systems are being replaced by Oracle for three business functions at the College – human resources management, along with budget and finance management. The systems are in the process of being built and tested. The Oracle Enterprise Resource Management (ERP and EPM) system will go live on July 1, 2023, to support the Finance department.
Orientation Sessions, Trainings, Tutorials, FAQ’s (see Oracle Implementation Updates page)
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com
Canvas is Wheaton's new learning management system. We will transition to view-only access in Schoology at the end of June 2023.
You should have all coursework you want saved downloaded to an external location no later than June 15th. Please do not wait to save your material; once we go to view-only, there will not be a way to recover unsaved work.
GUIDELINES ON WHAT TO SAVE:
- Undergraduate students: at minimum, download your graded Final First Year Seminar (FYS) You will need this again your senior year.
- Graduate students: at minimum, download any completed work that will be helpful in preparing for your general exams (including faculty comments/feedback).
- If you are unsure about what to save from Schoology, please be sure to speak to your faculty advisors.
HOW TO SAVE YOUR WORK:
- You can refer to Saving work from Schoology, an article located on the Wheaton Answers page, for step-by-step instructions on how to save your work.
- For additional assistance, contact the AIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.752.4357 (HELP).
You will need access to your past college coursework in order to provide an example of your academic work for graduate school recommendations, professional references, and more. Again, please do not wait to complete this very important step.
FACULTY AND STAFF
|Date||Canvas Training: Open Sessions (via Teams)||Time||Length|
|Click here to email your RSVP to Steve Park. Upon receipt, Steve will send you the calendar invitation and Teams link for the session you choose.|
|5/9||Canvas Training: Open Session||2:00p||1hr|
|5/25||Canvas Training: Open Session||10:00a||1hr|
|6/6||Canvas Training: Open Session||2:00p||1hr|
|6/15||Canvas Training: Open Session||2:00p||1hr|
- Additional Intructions and Tutorials
- Saving Student Work from Schoology
- How to Upload a Document Into Canvas
- How to Copy a Course In Canvas
- Create an Embedded Syllabus Inside a Canvas Course
- Requesting TA or CB Permissions in Canvas
- Pre-recorded Canvas Training for Faculty & Staff
- AIT Canvas Overview presentation (same ppt shown at all department meetings)
- Other Online Training Videos and Tutorials
- Where can I access Canvas?
- Wheaton Portal >> Select the Quick Links dropdown menu (on the left) >> Select Canvas
- What should I or my team do to prepare?
- Save your work from Schoology PRIOR to June 15th. There will not be any way to access your items in Schoology after we move to Canvas. Tutorials and more in-depth FAQ's are located in Wheaton Answers.
- Who do I contact if I want to set up 1:1 training with AIT?
- You can schedule a 1:1 time to meet with Steve Park or Shari Lendy to go over your Canvas related questions. Here is Steve's Bookings link and here is Shari's Bookings link. Feel free to select the date and time that works best for you and reserve it through the link.
Submit a Question
Slate (Admissions CRM)
The Wheaton College graduate and undergraduate admissions departments have been working hard to complete the migration from Ellucian CRM Recruit to Slate. Slate represents the state of the art in student recruiting and application management. We are already seeing the fruits of this change. Applications have been coming in steadily and are being processed more efficiently. Slate’s portal functionality will also provide a better experience for admitted students. A complete transition from the old system to Slate will be done by March 2023.
BitWarden Password Manager
AIT encourages the use of a password manager for work and for personal use. As a result of AIT’s investigation into the significant data breach that hit LastPass back in November 2022, AIT has determined that LastPass is no longer a viable password management solution for Wheaton College. Therefore, AIT will be migrating all current Wheaton College LastPass users over to our new password manager, BitWarden.
- If you currently have a Wheaton College LastPass account: AIT will be in contact with you directly regarding your account migration to BitWarden.
- If you do NOT have a Wheaton College LastPass account and your department is in need of a password manager, you can submit your department’s request here and a staff member from AIT will be in contact with you.
All Employees and Students of Wheaton College
- If you would like to use a password manager, we recommend setting up a free account with BitWarden for your personal use.
- Step by Step Intructions can be found on the AIT Answers page.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep the Wheaton College community safe. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns, please contact the AIT Service Desk at email@example.com or 630.752.4357(HELP).
Remember…we are ALL the ThunderSHIELD!
Choose a Category