Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Outdoor and Adventure Leadership at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Application Deadline Information
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
The M.A. in Outdoor and Adventure Leadership program will continue to review completed applications after June 15th on a rolling basis. Please note that decisions after the June 15th date are dependent upon registration availability. We encourage following the deadlines below to enhance your application experience.
Early Action Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by December 6th
Priority Application: Apply by January 15th to receive an admissions decision by February 5th
Regular Application: Apply by March 15th to receive an admissions decision by April 6th
Final Application (decisions after this date dependent upon availability): Apply by June 15th to receive an admissions decision by July 6th.
Requirements for All Students
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Bachelor's Degree from an approved institution.
- Minimum GPA of 2.80
- Official Transcripts from all schools that ever granted you college credit, even just one credit, and even if the credit appears on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts highly preferred. They are the fastest, most reliable method of delivery. They must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions, 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Admission Application
- Three Online Recommendations Forms
- Pastor (or other Christian leader)
- Option if you do not have an employer: Someone with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, e.g., in a ministry, internship, or missions-trip context.
- Letters accepted as supplements to Online Recommendation Forms.
- Essays. Essay questions found in application.
- Chronological Resume
- Signed Statement of Veracity, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant.
- Application Fee U.S. $30, non-refundable.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st. Please review the Graduate International Admissions page for more information.
Learn more about the program and the Outdoor & Adventure Leadership program.