Requirements for All Students
The M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program operates on a cohort model, with cohorts beginning in Fall Semesters only. The M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program considers individual and group interviews and the qualifications and qualities of the entire applicant pool when making final admissions decisions. Applicants must submit complete applications by the March 1st deadline.
- Bachelor's Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- GRE General Test. Institution Code 1905.
- Official Transcripts from each individual school at which you ever enrolled - even for just one credit and even if it appears as transfer credit on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to email@example.com.
- Mail hard copies to Graduate Admissions Dept., Attn: Nancy Crane, 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Application Form - Online.
- Four Recommendations, which are online forms. Letters accepted as supplements to the forms.
- Academic. Should be an instructor from whom you have taken a class.
- Pastoral. Can be a Christian leader who is not a pastor.
- Professional. Should be a person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context.
- Mental Health Professional. Should be a licensed, mental-health practitioner or a psychology professor.
- Resume - Chronological.
- Interview with a CMHC Faculty Member. We hope to use the interview to get to know students better and to give them an opportunity to get to know our program better.
NOTE: Applicants should submit their application forms at least forty-eight hours prior to their interview. Supplemental items are not required for the interview.
2/21/20, Friday, Interview Day on campus. We strongly recommend coming to this day. To register for Interview Day, please go here.
- Official online interview dates for the Fall 2020 cohort have passed. Additional video conference interviews will be conducted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scheduling a video conference interview.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st. Please review the Graduate International Admissions page for more information.
Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.
Application Deadline Information
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
Priority Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by January 31st
Regular Application: Apply by March 1st to receive an admissions decision by April 1st