School of Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy
The School of Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy at Wheaton College integrates Christian belief and practice with the best of contemporary scholarship and professional standards in the disciplines of clinical psychology, counseling, and marriage and family therapy.
Mission of The School of Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy
We exist to worship Christ and serve His Kingdom with excellence through transformative education and inquiry in the domains of psychology, counseling and family therapy.
Our aim is to form lifelong learners and servants who reflect Christ and promote human flourishing, especially within the church and among those on the margins of society worldwide.
In the School of Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy, we integrate Christian belief and practice with the best of contemporary scholarship and professional standards in the disciplines of clinical psychology, counseling, and marriage and family therapy. Through our undergraduate and graduate programs, we provide students with the opportunity to:
- Develop foundational biblical and theological knowledge, principles of hermeneutics and biblical interpretation, and an understanding of the gospel in light of the biblical metanarrative of Scripture (Foundations of Integration)
- Critique, analyze and synthesize psychological theory and research from a Christian worldview including an understanding of contemporary models and methods of integration (Integration competencies)
- Apply faith integration to personal formation, identity, relationships and vocation (Personal process and applications)
- Articulate how life in Christ shapes, informs and guides thought and action regarding key disciplinary and human questions – particularly human suffering, personhood, ethics, human flourishing, issues of justice, community mindedness (Professional engagement)
From the BA in Psychology, to the MA in Marriage and Family Therapy or Clinical and Mental Health Counseling, to the PsyD and PhD in Clinical Psychology, our degree programs offer flexible and residential options for students seeking to develop as leaders in Psychology, Clinical and Mental Health Counseling, and Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Clinical Psychology (PhD)
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD)
- Marriage and Family Therapy (MA)
About the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy
Recent Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy News1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >>