Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Theology at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Application Deadline Information
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
The M.A. in Theology program will continue to review completed Fall Semester applications after June 15th on a rolling basis. Please note that decisions after the June 15th date are dependent upon the availability of remaining spaces. We encourage following the deadlines below to enhance your application experience.
Early Action Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by December 6th
Priority Application: Apply by January 15th to receive an admissions decision by February 5th
Regular Application: Apply by March 15th to receive an admissions decision by April 6th
Final Application (decisions after this date dependent upon availability): Apply by June 15th to receive an admissions decision by July 6th
The M.A. in Theology program reviews completed Spring Semester applications on a rolling basis.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Application for admission with autobiographical information and essays as indicated in application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges where a degree was earned or is currently being earned
- Three references: Academic, Pastoral (or other Christian leader), and Professional (employer).
- Signed Statement of Veracity, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant.
- $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
Additional Requirements for International Students
International students, and permanent residents of the US whose native language is not English, are required to take either the TOEFL iBT Test, IELTS Academic Test or Duolingo English test with the minimal scores indicated below:
TOEFL iBT Test: 80 with at least 18 in each category
IELTS Academic Test: 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each category
Duolingo English Test: 105
Applicants who wish to waive their English proficiency test, please refer to the English proficiency page for details.
An International Transcript Verification Report is needed for students who completed degrees outside of the United States.
Learn more about the program and the School of Biblical and Theological Studies.