Posted February 13, 2017 by
Subscription LISTSERV Mailing Lists Now Available
Effective Date: February 2017
Subscription-based LISTSERV mailing lists for department events and general information are now available. These lists allow users to subscribe or unsubscribe at will. You can request subscription-based lists on behalf of your department. Old distribution lists will be deactivated after February 28.
Key Benefits and Features
- Improves security by allowing us to retire an older system used for campus notifications
- Departments or groups can request subscription-based mailing lists to communicate information to interested faculty, staff, and students
- Allows students, faculty, and staff to unsubscribe from or subscribe to lists based on their interests
- Allows both simple mailing lists and discussion-based lists.
Impact on College Community
If your department, club, or organization would like to send emails with event announcements or other general information that is not required, but that recipients might be interested in, you can request a subscription-based LISTSERV list using the appropriate form below:
- For college departments or centers, fill out this form.
- For organizations, clubs, and all other non-departmental groups, fill out this form.
Old distribution lists will be deactivated after February 28.
You can find instructions on managing your list on this page.
We also encourage you to use other appropriate methods of distributing messages. Visit the Campus Announcements page for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.