Subscription-Based Mailing Lists
|Wheaton College uses LISTSERV to send messages from departments and other groups.|
Read the Internal Digital Communication Policy before distributing campus announcements.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing
Some mailing lists are optional. Depending on the type of list, you may be able to opt-out or opt-in.
- For some lists, you are automatically subscribed at the beginning of each academic year. Each year, you may choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list if you feel the information from that list does not apply to you. You can resubscribe at any time.
- Examples: department newsletters, other optional messages.
- For other lists, you won't receive emails until you sign up to receive them.
- Examples: extracurricular activities, other special interest groups.
- Finally, there are lists you can't unsubscribe from. These lists send information that you absolutely need as a student, faculty member, or staff member. These senders commit to only send critical messages.
- Examples: announcements from the President, information from the Provost, Human Resources, or Registrar, emergency information and service outages.
If you would like to unsubscribe from or subscribe to a mailing list, you can do so by signing in to LISTSERV with your Wheaton College email address and following these directions to subscribe or unsubscribe.
Requesting a New List
If your department, club, or organization would like to send emails with event announcements or other general information that is not required, but that recipients might be interested in, you can request a subscription-based LISTSERV list using the appropriate form below:
- For college departments or centers, fill out this form.
- For organizations, clubs, and all other non-departmental groups, fill out this form.
For further instructions, please refer to this resource guide.
Sign in to LISTSERV here to manage your subscriptions and the mailing lists you can send to.