Posted February 16, 2017 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: ThunderCloud Services
Department Files Moving to ThunderCloud Storage
Effective Date: February 2017
In order to replace an outdated and inflexible system, department files will be moving to ThunderCloud Storage group shares by the end of June 2017. You may know department files as your "S drive" or "department share."
A group share is a collaborative shared folder that has all the features available in Box but belongs to a department or group rather than an individual.
Key Features and Benefits
- Securely access your work files anytime and anywhere, including from mobile devices
- Set and customize your own permissions for who has access to data stored in your group share
- Share files with other departments and organizations, even if they’re not part of Wheaton College
- Use built-in tools like collaborative editing
- See who has made changes to a file and restore documents to previous versions
- Keep files in a group share with the department, even if the person who originally created the document leaves the College
- Take advantage of an unlimited storage capacity--no more asking for space increases.
Impact on College Community
We will assist departments in replacing the existing network shared drive.
You can learn more about group shares here, and you can learn more about ThunderCloud Storage here. If your department would like to begin setting up a ThunderCloud Storage group share, fill out this form. Otherwise, we will contact departments throughout the spring semester to begin this process.
If you have any questions about ThunderCloud Storage or group shares, contact us at email@example.com or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).