Posted February 13, 2017 by
Essential LISTSERV Mailing Lists Now Available
Effective Date: February 2017
Essential LISTSERV mailing lists for critical or required information are now available. These mailing lists replace the current notification system. Essential LISTSERV mailing lists are populated based on Banner data and are refreshed daily. They cannot be unsubscribed from.
The current notification system will be retired after February 28. Outdated mailing addresses will no longer work after February 28.
Key Benefits and Features
- Improves security by allowing us to retire an older system used for campus notifications
- Essential LISTSERV mailing lists are populated based on Banner data and are refreshed daily. They cannot be unsubscribed from.
- Allows essential or emergency messages to be distributed to all students, faculty, and/or staff
- Increases effectiveness of announcements by allowing departments to send targeted emails
- Helps reduce email inbox clutter
Impact on College Community
Essential LISTSERV mailing lists should only be used for messages containing required information. Examples of this type of message include: add/drop deadlines, health insurance information, or emergency or outage notifications.
If you have permission to send to essential LISTSERV mailing lists on behalf of your department, you'll receive an email with the new email addresses to send to when distributing essential emails.
Old distribution lists will be deactivated after February 28.
We also encourage you to use other appropriate methods of distributing messages. Visit the Campus Announcements page for more information.
If you would like to send department newsletters, announcements for non-required events, or other optional messages, please request a subscription-based mailing list. Visit this page for more information about subscription-based lists.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at email@example.com.