- Non-North American (U.S. & Canada) citizenship
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college/university or equivalent (BA degree)
- Completion of at least two years of service as a career missionary outside the home country
- Affiliation with a recognized mission organization or denomination which will endorse the student's study plan
- Commitment to return to ministry at the completion of MA studies
- Healthcare workers: Medical missionaries who are professionally active and meet the above requirements also may be eligible for this award.
- Full-tuition for a M.A. program at Wheaton College Graduate School.
- Loan/scholarship. For each year the recipient serves in his/her ministry cross-culturally after completion of MA studies, 25% of the loan is forgiven and becomes a scholarship. If the recipient does not return to overseas ministry, the amount of funding that was provided, as well as interest, must be repaid.
- Complete a Preliminary Eligibility Form after July 1. Eligibility cannot be determined before this. If you are considered eligible, you will be sent an application packet.
- The deadline for submitting scholarship application materials is December 1 of the year prior to which you seek to be admitted into Wheaton College Graduate School.
- Complete files of candidates who meet the requirements for this award are reviewed and evaluated in late February.
- Those selected for awards receive immediate notification.
- Scholarship applications and Graduate School admission should proceed at the same time. Materials are not interchangeable.
Before you can apply, you must first submit a Preliminary Eligibility Form to our office. This form is not an application form. It is a screening tool designed to help us determine if you are eligible to apply for a Billy Graham Scholarship.