- North American (U.S. or Canada) citizenship
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college/university or equivalent (BA degree)
- Priority for those of ethnic minority backgrounds
- Completion of at least two years of full-time urban or ethnic ministry within North America
- Affiliation with a Christian organization or denomination which will endorse the student's study plan and support the return to ministry upon completion of MA studies
- Commitment to return to urban or ethnic ministry in North America after graduation
- Complements any other funding to provide full-tuition for a M.A. at Wheaton College Graduate School.
- Loan/scholarship. For each year the recipient serves full-time in urban/ethnic ministry after the completion of MA studies, 25% of the loan is forgiven and becomes a scholarship. If the recipient does not return to qualified ministry, the amount of funding that was provided, as well as interest, must be repaid.
- Complete a Preliminary Eligibility Form. If you are considered eligible, you will be sent an application packet.
- Deadlines: fall term enrollment - March 1, spring term - October 10 (please contact the office to confirm that there will be a fall selection).
- Candidates who meet the requirements for this award and who are accepted into the Wheaton Graduate School are reviewed and evaluated shortly after these deadlines
- Scholarship application and Graduate School admission are separate procedures. Materials are not interchangeable
Before you can apply, you must first submit a Preliminary Eligibility Form to our office. This form is not an application form. It is a screening tool designed to help us determine if you are eligible to apply for a BG Scholarship.