Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Application Deadline Information
Priority Application: Complete your application by November 1st to schedule an interview between November 7th and 21st and to receive an admissions decision by January 31st.
Regular Application: Complete your application by March 1st to schedule an interview between March 8th and 15th and receive an admissions decision by April 1st.
Requirements for All Students
The M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy program operates on a cohort model, with cohorts beginning in Fall Semesters only. The M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy program considers individual and group interviews and the qualifications and qualities of the entire applicant pool when making final admissions decisions. Applicants must submit complete applications by the March 1st deadline.
- Bachelor's Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- The GRE General Test is no longer required.
- Official transcripts from all colleges where a degree was earned or is currently being earned.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to email@example.com.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions Dept., 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Online Application Form.
- Four Recommendations, which are online forms. Letters accepted as supplements to the forms.
- Academic. Should be an instructor from whom you have taken a class.
- Pastoral. Can be a Christian leader who is not a pastor.
- Professional. Should be a person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context.
- Mental Health Professional. Should be a licensed, mental-health practitioner or a psychology professor.
- Resume - chronological.
- Interview with an MFT faculty member. This interview is to determine the goodness-of-fit of the applicant to the MFT program regarding their personal and professional goals. NOTE: Please complete your entire application - including all of your supplemental items - by the application deadline before scheduling your interview.
Additional Requirements for International Students
International students, and permanent residents of the US whose native language is not English, are required to take either the Duolingo English test with the minimal scores indicated below:or
TOEFL iBT Test: 100 with at least 20 in each category
IELTS Academic Test: 7.0 with at least 6.5 in each category
Duolingo English Test: 120
Applicants who wish to waive their English proficiency test, please refer to the English proficiency page for details.
An International Transcript Verification Report is needed for students who completed degrees outside of the United States.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.