Doubling Our Bandwidth: Internet2 Comes to Wheaton College
Effective Date: January 3 - 4, 2017
From 10 PM on January 3 until 1 AM on January 4, we will connect the campus network to Illinois Century Network as well as Internet2. Around 10 PM, there will be a brief network outage. This outage is expected to last for less than 30 minutes.
Key Benefits and Features
- Connecting to the Illinois Century Network and Internet2 will double Wheaton's network bandwidth. This increases the amount of traffic the network can handle and will improve performance.
- This upgrade will provide redundant Internet service that results in a more reliable network.
- Internet2 will improve the functionality of Wheaton's high performance computing cluster and provide access to cutting-edge network tools.
Impact on College Community
- Around 10 PM on January 3, 2017, there will be a network outage lasting fewer than 30 minutes.
- After the upgrade, the campus network bandwidth will double in capacity, improving performance across campus and providing new functionality to the high performance computing cluster.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at email@example.com.