Grow and develop your skills as a vocational mentor for students through this applicable program, for Wheaton staff and faculty.
Studies have shown that students best develop in their vocations when their staff and faculty mentors have explored their own vocational experiences. CFI offers an employee vocation seminar to help these mentors draw lessons and wisdom from these experiences.
The Vocation Seminar is offered each fall for up to ten faculty and ten staff. Participants meet for discussion, sharing, fellowship, and training.
- Reflect on their own vocational experiences and construct vocational insights from them
- Review and apply principles of meaning-making to their own work in various spheres
- Learn approaches to mentoring students around questions of life purpose and meaning
- Meet colleagues from across the institution
- What the Bible and Christian tradition have to say about vocation and work
- Unique contextual factors in the vocational journeys of Generation Z students
- Challenges to students' vocational development related to race, class, and gender
- Practical ways to help our students grow in their vocational purpose, imagination, and resilience
Our Fall 2019 cohort will be meeting in six 90-minute sessions, for a total of 9 hours, from 3:30-5:00 p.m. on the following Thursdays: September 12 & 19, October 10, November 7 & 21, December 12.