Find support as you produce new scholarship that applies the resources of the Christian liberal arts to complex problems in the marketplace. Available for Wheaton College faculty
As a Christian liberal arts college, Wheaton has helped generations of students learn how to integrate their faith with the best insights of academic learning. Yet the need for this kind of reflection extends far beyond the college classroom.
Each academic year, CFI accepts faculty members from various disciplines to conduct research that applies the rich resources of the Christian liberal arts to complex problems in the marketplace and society. CFI Scholars draw on disciplinary, interdisciplinary, or liberal arts knowledge to produce scholarship on vocation and human flourishing grounded in a Christian perspective. These original articles and essays address a discernible problem in society.
Scholars may be invited to present their essays to the College in a Lunch and Learn event in the year following their participation.
- participate in a shared seminar alongside their colleagues throughout the year
- receive a personal resource library
- workshop their essays with each other
- author an original essay applying disciplinary, interdisciplinary, or liberal arts knowledge to a pressing problem in society
- receive a stipend for their work
Essays produced by CFI Scholars are available for viewing in Opus's online resource collection.
Read about the projects and papers that 2018-2019 CFI Scholars and Faculty Fellows are working on.