Posted August 17, 2021 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Introducing Event Production Services
We are pleased to introduce you to Event Production Services (formerly known as Production and Event Support.) This team is part of the Academic and Scholarly Technology team within AIT.
What do you need to know about Event Production Services?
- Event Production Services (EPS) is primarily focused on supporting live events in campus auditoriums.
- EPS has three full-time employees:
- Brian Porick, a twenty-year veteran of production support, is now the manager of EPS
- Kerry J Haps, also a long-time veteran of production support
- Caleb Ballard, our newest member
- EPS will continue to have many student workers. The new EPS service design will rely on student technicians to be the on-site operators at events. Students technicians go through extensive on-the-job training and do excellent work for live events at Wheaton College.
- The primary area of strength for this new team is excellence in audio mixing. Simple videography will still be a service that is offered for live events only in campus auditoriums:
- Armerding Concert Hall
- Armerding Recital Hall
- Barrows Auditorium
- Coray Alumni Gym
- Edman Chapel
- Custom video and other “projects” will require outside vendors. Contact the AIT Service Desk for a list of local vendors we would recommend.
- Large, high-complexity events may require the use of outside consultants.
- AIT has worked to make event spaces on campus more user friendly so they can be utilized as “self op” (self-operation) systems. Places like Barrows Auditorium, Armerding Recital Hall, and Coray Gym can now be run from the Smart Desk.
Q: I am planning a campus event, what do I do differently?
A: Campus event planners (i.e. those who regularly schedule events in 25Live, such as Office Coordinators) will still go into 25Live to book a space and request A/V help as a “Resource” for their event. There is no change in how you request A/V help via 25Live. Once you’ve requested A/V help through 25Live, one of the EPS staff members will contact you to discuss the details of your support needs.
Q: Can I hire a student technician to be on standby for my virtual event?
A: No. We are not able to provide technicians as a “just in case” helper for an event. But if your virtual event involves live streaming or something more complicated, you may want to reach out to EPS for consultation help.
Q: How do I make high-quality teaching videos?
A: We now have a One Button Teaching Studio in BGH B15G. A faculty or staff member is welcome to book some time for a recording.
Q: How do I get an orientation to the one-button teaching studio?
Q: How do I book the studio once I have received the orientation?
A: You can make a request for the One Button Teaching Studio in 25Live.
If you have questions about any of these technologies we provide, please contact the AIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).