Posted January 9, 2018 by Academic and Institutional Technology
How to Use the Amazon Lockers at Wheaton College
By now, you have probably noticed the large metal boxes outside of CPO and perhaps wondered what they are for. These are our brand-new Amazon Lockers, which are now available for your personal use at Wheaton College!
Wheaton College's Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) advocated for Amazon Lockers at Wheaton College, and Facilities put in the work to install them in November.
A couple of key benefits of the Amazon Lockers are:
- Even when CPO is closed, you can still pick up your Amazon packages
- Amazon free returns can easily be done from the Amazon Lockers
To ship an order to our Amazon Locker:
- When checking out, select "Amazon Locker" as the "Shipping Address," and then enter our zip code (60187) to find our locker, named Maja. Once you have used this locker to place an order it will appear in your address book.
- Once the address is in your address book, you can select Ship to the address during the checkout process and choose Maja, and complete your order as usual.
- Make sure all the items in your order are eligible for delivery to an Amazon Locker.
To return a package from our Amazon Locker:
- Visit Amazon’s Online Returns Center to submit a return request.
- After you submit your return request in the Online Return Center, you will receive a Locker drop-off code via email. Take the unique code to the Amazon Locker outside of CPO.
- Once you have reserved the locker, you have until the close of the following business day to return your package. After that time, a locker cannot be guaranteed.
- Securely package and label your return. Your package must be smaller than 18x14x12 inches so that it fits in the locker.
- Enter your code into the touch screen display and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have any questions about using our Amazon Locker, contact the AIT Service Desk by email or by phone at 630.752.4357 (HELP).