How can we partner with you?
We are committed to not only equipping individuals for cross-cultural service, but also serving sending organizations, churches, and nonprofits. What does this look like?
- Providing FREE consulting on procedures and policies for language and culture learning and English programs to field and international leaders
- Offering training courses for pre-field and on-field personnel and those working with international communities
- Creating cohorts and offering customized start dates for courses to meet the needs of various training schedules and fields
- Providing Zoom workshops and webinars by request for agency staff or workers on language and culture acquisition, language learning policies, English teaching, and more
- Training language coaches around the world to serve other workers
- Offering customized English teaching trainings for specific groups (including in-person workshops by request)
In addition, we are open to other discussions with your organization about how we might best serve you. We are stronger together as we seek to share the hope of Christ with the world! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.752.7950 to start the conversation.
Download a PDF overview of our work with organizations here: ICCT and Organizations
Language Policy Consultations
- FREE consultation for organizational language policies and procedures
- Customizable training programs
- ESL curriculum review
Language Learner Training
- Flexible courses for all language proficiency levels
- Daily/weekly 1-on-1 video-call sessions with an instructor
- All courses include learning in the target language
Language Coach Courses
- ICCT is the main training hub for Christian language coaches
- For new and experiences coaches
- Learn how to coach and assess language learners in your organization
- Prepare leaders to oversee new personnel learning language
ESL Program Support & Training
- ESL teaching certificates
- Fall & Spring workshops
- Winter & Summer 30-hour courses
- Online & face-to-face options
- ESL program consultations
Cross-Cultural Communication Course
- Fully online course with weekly 1-on-1 video call meetings
- Great for pre-field or on-field cross-cultural workers
- Work with a culture helper from your host culture
Follow Us on Facebook
Meet Hannah: The director of a language school in Cambodia
Hannah*, a cross-cultural worker who directs a language school in Phnom Penh, has a passion for helping others learn Khmer. While Hannah was redesigning the language school’s curriculum, she took language coach trainings from ICCT, inspiring her to learn even more about second language acquisition. She eventually earned an M.A. in TESOL at Wheaton College and her language school continues to have a partnership with ICCT. We are honored that ICCT has the privilege to be a small part of what God is doing among the nations!
Meet Corrie: Language Learning Director for a large organization
Corrie* shares her organization's story with us:
"As a large organization with staff serving all around the globe, one of the biggest needs [our organization] has had over the past 30 years is second language acquisition training that is specifically tailored for cross-cultural Gospel workers...Over the years, we have had some staff succeed in language learning and even reach a high proficiency level, but most staff have struggled in language learning and many never reached a level that allowed them to do all of their ministry duties in the language. However, requiring our staff to take the Wheaton SLA course has been a game changer for our ministry! The Wheaton SLA course has given our staff not just the necessary vision that they can and should learn a second language to a high proficiency level, but it has also given them the practical tools, guidance and to make that dream a reality! As more and more of our new staff are being trained through the ICCT SLA program we are seeing measurable and noticeable results on the field.
ICCT not only provides training for language learners, but they also provide training to language coaches and consulting services to individuals and organizations. [Our organization] has used and benefited from each of these services! Our organization has been blessed in multiple ways by...ICCT, and we are immensely grateful for our association and partnership with ICCT."
*names changed for privacySign up for our ICCT Newsletters
Read more testimonials from our partners