The Institute for Cross-Cultural Training
ICCT equips Christians called to global service with skills in cross-cultural communication, language learning, and English teaching so they can serve their communities effectively and professionally.
As a fully self-funded academic center under Wheaton College Graduate School, we hold to the college’s motto that our work is ultimately done “for Christ and his Kingdom.” Our vision is that we may be part of this work by empowering people with professional education and training in the areas of:
- Learning new languages
- Coaching language learners
- Living, working, and ministering in other cultures
- Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Policy development for Christian non-profit organizations
We have the privilege of serving cross-cultural workers all over the world! Check out some of the agencies ICCT partnered with in 2022:
Download a PDF description of all of ICCT's services here: Overview of ICCT
In our 30+ years, ICCT has...
- Worked with dozens of Christian non-profits around the globe in countless countries
- Served thousands of Christian workers and ministry volunteers in the U.S. and abroad
- Hosted numerous workshops and courses, both in-person and online, to train Christians who are new to English teaching, including Wheaton College students and other virtual participants from around the world
- Conducted hundreds of in-person and online courses to assist cross-cultural workers in second language acquisition, culture learning, and language coaching
- Helped many Christian non-profits structure their language policies and support their cross-cultural workers throughout the world
Learn more about how ICCT partners with organizations
ICCT is made up of a team of committed professionals who care about empowering others in their cross-cultural living and ministry. Not only do all instructors have post-graduate degrees in TESOL or Applied Linguistics and years of experience in their field, but they also prioritize establishing relationships with those they teach and serve.
"I really valued this course and learned so much...I found the content overall engaging, the suggestions helpful, and I cannot say enough about how positive our experience with [our instructor] was. She enhanced the great parts of this course and redeemed many of the challenging parts. She was encouraging, kind, and helpful. Walking through this course with her was a blessing. I feel that I am headed into language learning more prepped and with many more resources. Thank you!
- past SLA participant