November 9, 2020
Wheaton College welcomes Keith Katzenberger, who is serving the College as a Professor of Military Science.
Name: Keith (KC) Katzenberger
M.A., Human Resources Management, Webster University, 2017
B.A., Information Systems Technology, Southern Illinois University (Carbondale), 2002
1. What was your favorite class in college? Why?
Physics. I was not a good math student in high school, so at first I was very intimidated with the curriculum. The professor was an excellent teacher who made a very challenging class exciting and fun to learn.
2. Before Wheaton, what were you doing?
I worked for the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey as a U.S. Army representative to the Turkish Land Forces.
3. What big question are you trying to answer through your work?
How do students of this generation learn best?
4. What has kept you busy during the pandemic?
Schoolwork and keeping my children entertained.
5. Do you get butterflies the night before the first day of school?
6. What would you have liked to tell the freshman version of yourself about going to college?
Choose the school/major you really want, regardless of the cost. Definitely not a slight to my alma mater, but I went with a major that was more affordable.
7. When you’re not teaching or researching, what do you like to do?
I enjoy outdoor activities, mainly fishing, golf and hiking.