This is an example. Please note that the most current and official curriculum information is found in our Course Catalog.
Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies
The Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies offers a general program of studies in biblical interpretation and Christian theology. It is designed primarily as a degree for students who seek an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and theology in order to strengthen their Christian service as ordained and non-ordained leaders in local congregations, parachurch organizations and mission agencies. It is not intended for those who plan to pursue formal academic studies at the doctoral level, and knowledge of the biblical languages—Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek—is not required. Students have the option of selecting between two main tracks: Biblical Studies and Theological Studies.
All students must complete nine courses (total thirty-six credit hours):
- BITH 533. Exploring the Old Testament (4 credits)*
- BITH 555. Exploring the New Testament (4)*
- BITH 565. Christian Theology (4)*
- BITH 566. Foundations of Biblical Interpretation (4)
- BITH 578. Global Church History (4)
Pick One Track
- BITH 536. OT Book Study (4)
- BITH 546. NT Book Study (4)
- BITH 557. Marginalized Voices in OT Studies (4)
- BITH 657. Historical Theology: Patristic & Medieval (4)
- BITH 658. Historical Theology: Reformation and Modern (4)
- Elective (4)
This track is available for some students upon request. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BITH 689. MABTS Capstone (4)
- BITH 692. Graduate Comprehensive Examination (0)
* Available online. More courses are being made available in online or hybrid format so that eventually the whole degree could be done remotely.