Fall 2018 Learning Bursts for Schoology and Remark
Faculty and TAs are invited to take advantage of 30-minute training opportunities to prepare for utilizing Schoology and Remark in support of your courses. Experience hands-on training scheduled during chapel time to expand your knowledge about Schoology and Remark best practices.
Learning Burst Opportunities
Introducing Schoology: An overview of all the essential aspects of the LMS
- Friday, August 31st, 10:40 AM (MSC 204)
- Wednesday, September 5th, 10:40 AM (BGC 134)
*Introducing Remark: Using Wheaton’s automated grading system
- Thursday, September 6th, 10:30 AM (BLA 472)
Writing your Academic Technology Grant proposal: A summary of the requirements for a successful Academic Technology Grant with particular focus on virtual reality and the liberal arts
- Wednesday, September 12th, 10:40 AM (BLA 472)
- Friday, September 21st, 10:40 AM (MEY 129)
*Building Your Schoology Course (for TAs): An overview of essential Schoology tools for Teaching Assistants and Course Builders
- Tuesday, September 11th, 10:30 AM (MEY 129)
- Tuesday, September 18th, 10:30 AM (BLA 472)
Flipping your class with teaching video: Best practices for the effective use of video in flipped/blended learning in Schoology
- Wednesday, September 26th, 10:40 AM (ARM 145)
- Friday, September 28th, 10:40 AM (BGC 134)
Teaching in the Classroom with an iPad and Apple Pencil: Effective classroom teaching techniques using a tablet device
- Monday, October 1st, 10:40 AM (ARM 145)
- Wednesday, October 3rd, 10:40 AM (MSC 204)
Organizing your course in Schoology: Organizing material in Schoology for your course
- Wednesday, October 10th, 10:40 AM (BGC 134)
- Monday, October 15th, 10:40 AM (BLA 472)
Understanding Schoology’s new assessment tool: Overview of the new and more powerful assessment tool that will replace Quizzes.
- Monday, November 12th, 10:40 AM (MEY 129)
- Wednesday, November 14th, 10:40 AM (BLA 472)
Grading in Schoology: Effective gradebook management in Schoology with setup and grading
- Wednesday, December 5th, 10:40 AM (ARM 145)
- Monday, December 10th, 10:40 AM (MSC 204)
*Scheduled at a time that should work for students as there are not classes or chapel at this time. Ideal for TAs!
You can watch recorded training sessions here (you may be asked to sign in). This folder includes other resources curated for Wheaton College.
If you would like a one-on-one session with our staff, you can request one at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at email@example.com or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).