Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the From the Heart, For the Kingdom campaign has successfully built a new, centrally-located Welcome Center to ensure that all visitors—prospective students, alumni, and conference guests alike—are given the warmest of Wheaton welcomes. This multi-functional “front door” to campus contains a Great Hall complete with fireplace, comfortable seating area, and exhibits chronicling Wheaton’s past, present, and future. The center also houses the Undergraduate Admissions office.
“There is no greater gift to a potential student than the understanding that he or she will become part of an amazing legacy of service and accomplishment. And there is no greater gift to alumni returning ‘home’ to campus than the reminder that they remain an important part of the Wheaton family and that their service and sacrifice continue to be a part of Wheaton’s historic legacy.”
In June of 2021, the Wheaton College Board of Trustees approved naming the College's Welcome Center for the late Dr. Melvin E. Banks, Sr. (1932-2021). Banks is recognized for significant contributions to Wheaton College, the church, the Christian publishing world, and communities of color. Read more about Dr. Banks.