Posted April 7, 2021 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Are you Being Cybersecure?
Right now all Wheaton College faculty and staff are doing their annual cybersecurity training. Although we don’t currently have a requirement for student cybersecurity training, now is a great time to think through some of the main things you should know to be cybersecure.
Ask yourself some of these questions:
- Do you recognize phishing scams when you see them?
- Could you describe a phishing email to someone else?
- Do you use different passwords for all of your social media sites?
- Do you make sure not to use any of the most frequently used passwords in America (e.g.
“password” or “123456”)?
- Are you careful to never share your passwords with other people?
If you can answer “Yes!” to all five questions you are off to a good start! You can learn more about cybersecurity at Wheaton College here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).