Posted October 9, 2017 by
Place an Order for Course Materials
Effective Date: October 9, 2017
The Wheaton College Bookstore is launching a new course material adoption platform for faculty, which is in effect for Spring Semester 2018. The new program, called Hero, is a platform that will provide content cost transparency for faculty, including market pricing. This enables the ability to determine if the material recommended by a publisher is the optimal choice for a course.
Key Benefits and Features
- Full transparency into content decisions between faculty and the Wheaton College Bookstore
- Broader content to select from
- Reduced prices for students
- Seamless and simple communication between the Bookstore and faculty
- Content and adoption transparency among faculty members across campus
- Easily accessible content decision histories between faculty and the Bookstore
- Historical adoption information
Impact on College Community
Online market pricing of textbooks can change daily and vary significantly by condition and seller, and does not reflect the bookstore selling price. Nevertheless, early submission of textbook adoptions will provide the bookstore with opportunity to purchase a sufficient supply of textbooks at lower prices, which can then be sold to students at competitive prices.
Hero is now accepting orders for the Spring 2018 semester. You can log into Hero here with your NetID and password. To learn more about sumitting your course material requistions through Hero, we recommend watching this orientation video.
Hero is just one way to submit your textbook order, and the Bookstore will continue to receive orders using previous order methods.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Bookstore at 630.752.5119.