Effective Date: September 21, 2016
On September 21 and 22, we will update the network printing on College-owned Windows computers. This is part of an ongoing effort to retire outdated services such as Novell iPrint, the software currently used for network printing. After the upgrade, you will be asked to confirm a default printer.
If you use printing presets, please back them up before this upgrade.
Key Benefits and Features
- Modernizing our network printing by retiring Novell iPrint is a necessary part of the College update to Windows 10.
- The update makes network printers easier to install.
- Printers will default to double-sided black and white to save resources.
- If you use printing presets, please back them up before this upgrade.
- You may want to take note of your current default printer before the upgrade. To do so:
- Open your Start menu.
- Select "Devices and Printers."
- Your current default printer will have a green check mark.
Impact on College Community
- Before the update, back up any printing presets you use (see above).
- The update itself will complete automatically on the night of September 21, and should be complete by September 22.
- After the upgrade, you will be asked to confirm a default printer (see above).
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like help, please contact us by email or by calling 630.752.4357 (HELP).