Hear from the Graduate Resident Adviser of Fischer Hall.
Fischer rooms are configured as four or five person suites, with double or triple occupancy rooms adjoined by a common bathroom. Residents enjoy semi-private suite-style bathrooms and are responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of this space. Fischer feature five floors of men’s rooms and seven floors of women’s rooms. Fischer was built in 1965 and fully renovated in 2006.
Each room is equipped with:
- a 36" x 80" extra long mattress for each student
- one bulletin board
- six electrical outlets
- one internet port per student and wireless internet ( IT Services website)
- RT London modular furniture system that offers different lofting configurations depending on the size and space of the room
- air conditioning/forced air heat in each room
- one closet per student with folding doors
- one desk chair per student
- a wastebasket
- toilet paper
- one towel bar or hook per student
- Average number of students per floor: 49
- Room dimension: 11' x 17'
- Window dimension: 51" x 85"
- Closet dimensions: 90” height x 16” deep x 45” width
- The bed height is 9 inches off of the ground allowing some storage underneath.
- Bathrooms are equipped with 2 under the sink cabinets and four drawers. Shower curtains are provided. Residents are responsible to clean their bathroom, so bring cleaning supplies!
- A central laundry room is located in the basement.
- Laundry rooms are equipped with an ironing board.
- Limited summer storage is available.
- Limited indoor bike storage is available.
- Outdoor bike racks are available during the academic year.
- One vacuum is located on each floor.
- Fischer contains a copy machine, a 24-hour computer lab and a hall kitchen shared by the entire building.
- The kitchen includes two stoves, a refrigerator, two microwaves and minimal cooking utensils.
- Every floor contains a lounge.
- The basement also contains a Prayer Chapel, Quiet Study Room, ping pong table, pool table and community TV lounge.