Posted September 22, 2021 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Countdown to Microsoft Teams Voice
Our official transition from Cisco phones to Microsoft Teams Voice will take place overnight on Tuesday, September 28, so when you arrive at work on Wednesday, September 29, your soft phone will be ready to go.
A few pointers for you:
- Please note that in order for Microsoft Teams Voice to work, you must log in to Microsoft Teams. If you have logged in recently, then no action is required from you—your computer is set to automatically log you into Microsoft Teams. But if you have never logged in, then now is the time to do that! Otherwise, you will not be able to make or receive any calls once the switch is made.
- You will need to set up your voice mail greeting on Microsoft Teams on September 29th or after. If you like your Cisco voice mail greeting, you can take a few minutes now to listen to it and be ready to recreate it for Microsoft Teams Voice.
- If you have any saved voice mail messages that you want to keep, be sure to download them from voicemail.wheaton.edu to save them before September 29th. You can learn how to do that here. Once we switch to Microsoft Teams Voice you will no longer be able to access voice mail messages stored in Cisco voice mail.
- Headsets will be in soon! For those of you who requested a headset, we will reach out to you with information about when and where to pick those up.
- If your desk phone is not removed on the night of the 28th, we will be coming to remove your desk phone later. Your Cisco desk phone will not work beginning September 29th, but it may still be at your desk for a while.
Don’t forget, you can find Teams Voice Resources in the ThunderCloud Collaboration Team on Microsoft Teams.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).