Posted September 1, 2015 by
Tags: ThunderCloud Services
Coming Soon: ThunderCloud Storage
Effective Date: September 16, 2015
On September 16, Wheaton College staff, faculty, and students will have access to ThunderCloud Storage. Powered by Box, ThunderCloud Storage is an unlimited, secure cloud storage solution that will replace iFolder and network home directories.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unlimited storage (5GB file size limit for individual files)
- Easy file sharing using secure links or shared folders
- Automatic file synchronization
- Data is encrypted and secure
- Restore an earlier version of a file with version control
- 90 day grace period to recover files after deletion
- Create multiple folders to organize your data
- Access from any web browser and all major mobile devices
Impact on College Community
ThunderCloud Storage will be available to all staff, faculty, and students on September 16. For faculty and staff, ThunderCloud Storage will replace iFolder. Instructions for migrating data from iFolder and other storage options, as well as personalized assistance will be available at that time.
If you have any questions, contact Academic and Institutional Technology or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).