Posted November 4, 2015 by
Removal of Emergency Phones
Effective Date: November 2015
This month, we will be disconnecting and removing redundant analog office emergency phones. This is part of the ongoing effort to modernize and remove redundancy in our emergency notification system.
- Office coordinator extensions are now the first extensions to receive alert calls.
- All employee desk phones receive alert calls within five minutes of an emergency notice being issued.
- Employee and student cell phones receive alert texts and calls immediately during emergencies.
- Analog emergency lines are redundant in areas where office coordinators will receive emergency calls.
- Disconnecting these analog phone lines will save the College more than $50,000 per year.
Impact on College Community
Analog emergency phones will be disconnected and removed this month to remove redundancy, save costs, and modernize our emergency notification systems.
Emergency calls are directed to cell phones and employee desk phones, and office coordinators are the first to receive alert calls. Follow these steps to update your emergency contact information.
The emergency phones in locations without office coordinators will remain in place at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact us or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).