Posted June 4, 2015 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Classroom Technology Upgrades
Classroom Response System Upgrade
Effective Date: June 6, 2015
The classroom student response system, also known as clickers, will be upgraded to a new cloud-based service on June 6.
This upgrade will allow faculty the option to log in from anywhere to use the system or develop presentation materials. Students will be able use a mobile device or laptop to respond as well as a dedicated hardware clicker.
Key Benefits and Features
- Instructors can login from anywhere, rather than only at a specific workstation or classroom
- Students may participate using any web-enabled device, including iOS and Android mobile phones
- Fuller integration with our learning management system (Blackboard), including auto-creation of participant lists, and interactive quiz or survey results loaded into the grade center.
- Student can self-register outside of class and may purchase either a dedicated hardware clicker or a or 1- 4 year license to use their mobile device or laptop
- Responses are FERPA-compliant for student data security and privacy
Turning Technologies, the manufacturer of the response system, is offering an Instructor’s Kit that includes a hardware clicker, a receiver, and a pocket guide at no additional cost for a limited time.
Impact on College Community
Faculty members will need to follow these instructions in order to use the response system. These instructions are a change from how the response system worked before.
If you have any trouble or questions, please contact us or call 630.752.4357.