Posted August 11, 2015 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Classroom Technology Upgrades
New Exam Processing System
Effective Date: Fall 2015
Remark will replace Scantron as Wheaton's exam processing system starting in the Fall 2015 semester. Remark is used to automatically grade tests using optical mark recognition or "bubble" testing.
Key Benefits and Features
- Create exams in Microsoft Word and print on regular paper, not special answer sheets
- Recognizes marks from pens, pencils, crayons, and markers
- Scan completed exams on office copy machines
- Generate reports on student scores and answer trends
- Use multiple answer keys
- Automatically grade weighted and extra credit questions
- Integration with learning management system
Impact on the College Community
Remark will replace Scantron grading stations starting in the Fall 2015 semester. These grading stations were previously located in the Billy Graham Center, Wyngarden, the Memorial Student Center, and the Meyer Science Center.
Academic and Institutional Technology will contact and train departments to use Remark throughout the fall. If you have any questions, contact us or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).