New Exam Processing System Implemented
Effective Date: Fall 2015
Remark has replaced Scantron as Wheaton's exam processing system. Remark is used to automatically grade tests using optical mark recognition or "bubble" testing.
Key Benefits and Features
- Create exams in Microsoft Word and print on regular paper, not special answer sheets
- Recognizes marks from pens, pencils, crayons, and markers
- Scan completed exams on office copy machines
- Generate reports on student scores and answer trends
- Use multiple answer keys
- Automatically grade weighted and extra credit questions
- Integration with learning management system
Impact on the College Community
Remark has replaced Scantron grading stations. These grading stations were previously located in the Billy Graham Center, Wyngarden, the Memorial Student Center, and the Meyer Science Center. Printable test forms for Remark processing are available from department coordinators.
Academic and Institutional Technology will contact and train departments to use Remark throughout the fall. If you have any questions, contact us or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).