Spring Housing Check-In
Information for Spring 2021
- In-person learning begins on Monday, February 8.
- Students can move into campus on Saturday, February 6 or Sunday, February 7, between 9am-7pm CT.
- All new spring semester students will receive testing and arrival information from the Orientation Committee, as they will be following a different testing process. New spring semester students should sign up for a testing and arrival time on Saturday, February 6 as early in the day as your schedule allows.
- Additional spring housing details can be found on the COVID-Safe FAQ page.
- The spring meal plan begins with dinner on Saturday, February 6.
- Students unable to move in on February 6-7 should email email@example.com and describe their situation.
Testing and Arrival Instructions
- Sign up here for your testing and arrival time.
- Complete the Safeguard Testing Electronic Consent Form before arriving to campus.
- When you arrive on campus, go directly to the Chrouser Sports Complex gym to check in.
- Show your completed COVID-Safe, Thunder Strong (re)Orientation course from Schoology and take your entry COVID test.
- Students must not eat or drink anything, including brushing your teeth ONE hour before testing.
- Students will provide a saliva sample to gain your results. Nothing up your nose is required.
- Once complete, students will receive a new blue COVID-Safe, Thunder Strong wristband, which will give access to one's living space and the dining hall.
- Move into campus housing.
- Quarantine until you receive an email confirmation that your test results are negative.
The official on campus spring semester start date is February 8, 2021. In preparation for the spring semester there may be individuals who have unique circumstances that require them to arrive early. If you are required to return to campus prior to this date (student teachers, nursing students, athletes, etc.) you must submit an early arrival request and be granted approval to move-in early. Please note that for students returning from a study abroad or remote learning fall semester, access to storage will not be available until the return to campus. It will be cold in Chicago, so plan accordingly!
Details regarding our COVID-SAFE arrival expectations will be communicated prior to arrival and may also be found on our housing and dining FAQ.
The College will try to accommodate students in their permanent housing locations but may need to house students in a temporary location. Students arriving early will be responsible for their own meals and may order food deliveries to campus or purchase food/supplies at a local store. The start of the spring meal plan will begin on January 17, for students approved for early arrival.
Request Early Arrival
Deadline to apply for spring early arrival or spring remote learning is January 10. If we are able to honor requests received after the deadline a $25 late application fee might be added to your student account.