Your NetID account changes after you graduate from Wheaton College to reflect your new status.
When you graduate from or leave Wheaton College, your network account changes to Alumni Status. Your myWheaton Google account will continue to function after you graduate, but campus-wide emailing should stop after your status changes. Keep in mind that Wheaton’s Acceptable Use Policy still applies to your use of this account. When your account is scheduled for this status change, you will receive several emails telling you the exact date and any additional actions you need to take.
Your alumni account will still be able to do the following:
- Access Banner Self-Service (Wheaton Portal) information
- Access the ATLA library research database
Your account will no longer be able to do the following:
- Access network printing
- Provide an active subscription to Office 365
- This includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other programs included in Microsoft Office 2016
- Provide an active subscription to any ThunderCloud Services
- This includes access to Box and Lynda,com
Keeping Your Student Account Status
Accounts may be kept active after you leave the College if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You will be working for a College department and need to maintain your access rights to do your job
- You will not be a registered student, but have permission to complete coursework for a class that requires access to Schoology or library research databases
If you meet either of those requirements, please fill out a request form to keep your account active.
If you haven't used ThunderCloud Storage, powered by Box, or you don't want to keep your account, you can ignore these instructions. Your account and files will be deleted after you leave the College.
If you would like to continue using your account after you graduate, it must be converted to a personal account. If you do not convert your account, you will lose access to your files.
For instructions on converting your account, follow these instructions.
Preparing Your Computer
Graduated students should remove the Bradford Persistent Agent from their computer. This can be done in Windows through the Programs and Features interface. Mac users should run the Bradford installer again and select uninstall.
If you can't find what you're looking for or would like additional help, contact the AIT Service Desk for personalized assistance.