Posted September 17, 2020 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
New Zoom Requirement: Passcodes
Effective Date: September 27, 2020
All Wheaton College students, faculty, and staff now have access to a basic Zoom account. You can find it by going to wheaton.zoom.us and logging in with your NetID and password.
Starting September 27th, Zoom will require that all meetings have a Passcode or a Waiting Room enabled. See below for more information from Zoom regarding why they are taking these new security measures.
Key Benefits and Features
These security measures give you control over your meeting security options.
- For meetings that do not have either a Passcode or Waiting Room enabled by September 27th, Zoom will enable a Waiting Room for you.
- You can customize the Waiting Room experience with an approved list of domains that can bypass the Waiting Room and directly join the meeting.
- For meeting join information, we are renaming “Passwords” to “Passcodes” to better align with its role of allowing people in a meeting.
Impact on College Community
- You may find yourself in a Waiting Room going forward.
- These changes made be reflected in your scheduling tools (for example an Outlook plugin).
Zoom has provided more details including a comprehensive FAQ document which you are welcome to peruse.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).