Posted June 2, 2020 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Discontinuing Cable TV Service Across Campus
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
As of July 1, 2020, we will discontinue our current cable television agreement with Dish Network. This transition will be a significant money-saving initiative. Going forward streaming services will be provided in eleven key locations, listed below.
Key Benefits and Features
Discontinuing our current cable television provides the following improvements:
- Saving the College annual fees for years to come
- Facilitating community building by continuing to provide entertainment television streaming services to key communal areas
Impact on College Community
- Streaming services for entertainment will be provided to eleven specific locations.
- 4 in Residence Hall lounges
- 1 in Beamer Center game room
- 1 in the OCO student safe space
- 4 in Chrouser Sports Complex exercise room
- 1 in Chrouser Sports Complex Athletic Training Room
- There will be no change to the internal channels, such as the live feed of Blanchard (affectionately known as “All Blanchard All the Time” (10.1)), Live Undergrad Chapel (4.1) or Live Graduate School Chapel (3.1).
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).