Posted June 25, 2019 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Enhanced Email Security with Proofpoint
This summer AIT is implementing enhanced security measures in Office 365 (O365) for employees and Gmail (my.wheaton.edu) for students by using Proofpoint.
- Substantial reduction in phishing scam emails reaching your inbox
- Enhanced ability to detect malware in email attachments
- Advanced analysis of links in the body of email messages to prevent you from inadvertently going to malicious sites
- Prevention of imposter emails that forge “from” addresses to appear to be from a Wheaton College email address
- Give you some control over quarantined messages
Impact on Campus Community
After Proofpoint is deployed, you should see a dramatic decrease in the amount of phishing, spam, and other forms of malicious emails you received. You will also start receiving a daily report of your quarantined messages so you can identify false positives and remove them from the quarantine.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.