Posted December 14, 2018 by Academic and Institutional Technology
Tags: Department News
Introducing Wheaton College’s New Identity and Access Management (IAM) System
Effective Date: January 11, 2019
On January 11, Wheaton College will be rolling out our new Identity and Access Management (IAM System.) Partnering with Fischer International Identity, AIT has been hard at work for over a year to prepare for this change, and we are excited to have a new system that will be a huge improvement over our current home-grown one.
Key Benefits and Features
- Ability for students, faculty, and staff to recover their own passwords without needing to contact the AIT Service Desk
- Passwords will now be synced across systems, so when you change your Net ID Password, your password for O365 and Google, will also change.
- Increased security of College data
- Facilitate a more automated process for creation and deletion of accounts
Impact on College Community
- There will be no change to the day-to-day experience of using your NetID and password.
- The changes are behind the scenes and you will notice them when it is time for you to change your password.
- There will no longer be security questions to answer if you forget your password. Instead, you will set up a recovery email address and phone number so the system can contact you in the event of a forgotten password
- We will provide more information about what the new ChangePass site will look like soon. Here’s a screen shot we have now:
- In addition, since Banner (our Enterprise Reporting System) will spur the creation of accounts for new employees going forward, the hiring paperwork that managers and directors submit to HR is now more important than ever.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Academic and Institutional Technology at 630.752.4357 (HELP) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.