The purpose of the Engineering curriculum at Wheaton College is to provide you with lower division engineering coursework which enables you to successfully complete your last 2 years at one of our partner schools.
The Physics and Engineering Department offers a variety of courses, including several general education courses. For a full course description including co/pre-requisites, click on the link, which will take you to the course catalog, hosted by the Registrar’s office.
Engineering Major: Physics Core Courses
Physics provides the basis for the engineering discipline. All engineering tracks at Wheaton College require the successful completion of the following physics courses.
- Phys 231: Introductory Physics I
- Phys 232: Introductory Physics II
- Phys 334: Computer Modeling of Physical Systems
Engineering Course Offerings
We offer a variety of engineering courses at Wheaton College. Depending on the engineering field that you want to pursue, any of these courses might be mandatory for your program track. Check with the Engineering Program Director or your advisor about the requirements for your particular track.
- Engr 101: Introduction to the Engineering Profession
- Engr 105: Fundamentals of Engineering Graphics
- Engr 125: Introduction to AutoCAD
- Engr 201: Engineering Mechanics I – Statics
- Engr 202: Engineering Mechanics II – Dynamics
- Engr 204: Innovative Design in Engineering
- Engr 223: Strength of Materials
- Engr 225: Materials Science