Summer Internships in Biology
Wheaton College Science Division Summer Research
Students have opportunity to work with Biology faculty during the summer. Each summer the Science Division of Wheaton College provides opportunities for students to conduct funded research with Wheaton faculty members. Students work for 8-10 weeks during the summer conducting research with faculty mentors. They receive a stipend provided by various sources of funding to the College and free Housing provided through the College. For more information contact the Biology faculty for details.
Off Campus Summer Research Undergraduate Programs 2018-2019
- Notre Dame Summer 2019 Field Biology Program UNDERC East and West. Stipend $5000 at East and $5500 at West. Application deadline: November 9th 2018. Website: http://underc.nd.edu
- AAMC Association of Medical Colleges >> has a web page listing internships for undergraduates.
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Undergraduate Research
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Internships in Scientific Research or Medicine
- HHMI Janelia Undergraduate Scholars Program
- Internships.com >> has thousands of listings of medical internships/jobs.
- Loyola University - Stritch School of Medicine Dept of Microbiology and Immunology
- Mayo Clinic
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- Rochester Institute of Technology >> This is an awesome website containing medical internships and also links to other biology related internships. (click on return to special interest group co-op/internship list).
- University of Michigan Medical School Summer Undergraduate Research
- The Botanical Society of America >>
This site lists links to career and employment opportunities in botany and related fields.
- Plant Biology & Conservation: From Genes to Ecosystems, REU >>
The Chicago Botanic Garden (CBG) and Northwestern University (NU) collaborate to host a 10-week summer research experience in Plant Biology & Conservation.
Ecology and Environmental Studies
- The Ecological Society of America Career Center
- Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory Offers programs for undergraduate and post graduate research. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the multitude of scientific activities at the field station.
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center >>
The Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's (SERC) Internship Program offers undergraduate and beginning graduate students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fields of environmental research and education.
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation REU Sites: Ocean Sciences
- NOAA Sea Grant –The Maryland Sea Grant Program, with support from the National Science Foundation
- Shoals Marine Laboratory >>
Cornell University and the University of New Hampshire offer summer internships and classes.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Undergraduate Programs and Summer Fellowships
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- Going Global >> opportunities for jobs and internships in countries around the world with its database updated daily.
- Idealist.org – Action without Borders
- Indeed >> the #1 job site to search for internships. On the Advance Search page under “Show jobs of type” click “internships” add any additional parameters to begin your search.
- Internships.com >> Lists internships in the US and internationally.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) >>
The NSF is an independent government agency responsible for promoting scientific and engineering research experiences for undergrads.
- Rochester Institute of Technology >> This is an awesome website containing medical internships and also links to other biology related internships.
- USAJOBS >>
USAJOBS is an organization for helping people find federal employment, including employment in the natural sciences. One can search the thousands of federal jobs and create a resume right on the website.
- CUR-Council on Undergraduate Research >>
Registry of Undergraduate Researchers and Graduate Schools.
The Council on Undergraduate Research has initiated a Registry of Undergraduate Researchers. The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree, and graduate schools seeking high quality students who are well prepared for research. Currently the Registry is open to students and graduate schools/employers in the fields of Astronomy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geosciences, Engineering, Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology/Archaeology.
- Wheaton College Center for Vocation and Career provides students with excellent resources. Their "menu" of services include career counseling, internship assistance, resume and cover letter critique, StrengthsQuest assessment tool, on-campus interviews, career events, fairs and workshops, resource library, online job postings, mock interviews, informational interview contacts, and networking opportunities.
- Wheaton College Health Professions Office - lists opportunities for students in shadowing, internships, pre-veterinary internships, gap year ideas, etc.
- Wheaton College Sociology & Anthropology Internships lists internships that may be of interest to Biology Majors.
- Thinking about being a Science Teacher?
A Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program is available with a Biology major. A Combined Bachelor's/MAT program may be completed in six years and one summer. See the Education section in the catalog.