Wheaton College Science Division Summer Research
Each summer the Science Division of Wheaton College provides opportunities for students to conduct funded research with Wheaton faculty members. Students work for 8-10 weeks during the summer conducting research with faculty mentors. They receive a stipend provided by various sources of funding to the College and free Housing provided through the College. For more information contact Biological and Health Science faculty.
Off-Campus Summer Research Undergraduate Programs 2022-2023:
- AAMC Association of Medical Colleges has a web page listing internships for undergraduates.
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Undergraduate Research
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Internships in Scientific Research or Medicine
- HHMI Janelia Undergraduate Scholars Program
- Internships.com has thousands of listings of medical internships/jobs.
- Mayo Clinic
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- Rochester Institute of Technology This is an awesome website containing medical internships and also links to other biology related internships. (click on return to special interest group co-op/internship list).
- University of Michigan Medical School Summer Undergraduate Research
- The Botanical Society of America This site lists links to career and employment opportunities in botany and related fields.
Ecology and Environmental Studies Internships
- The Ecological Society of America Career Center
- Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory Offers programs for undergraduate and post graduate research. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the multitude of scientific activities at the field station.
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center The Smithsonian Environmental Research Center's (SERC) Internship Program offers undergraduate and beginning graduate students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fields of environmental research and education.
Marine Biology Internships
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation REU Sites: Ocean Sciences
- Shoals Marine Laboratory Cornell University and the University of New Hampshire offer summer internships and classes.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Undergraduate Programs and Summer Fellowships
Other Internship Opportunities
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- Going Global opportunities for jobs and internships in countries around the world with its database updated daily.
- Idealist.org – Action without Borders
- Indeed the #1 job site to search for internships. On the Advance Search page under “Show jobs of type” click “internships” add any additional parameters to begin your search.
- Internships.com Lists internships in the US and internationally.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) The NSF is an independent government agency responsible for promoting scientific and engineering research experiences for undergrads.
- Rochester Institute of Technology This is an awesome website containing medical internships and also links to other biology related internships.
Resources for Careers
- USAJOBS USAJOBS is an organization for helping people find federal employment, including employment in the natural sciences. One can search the thousands of federal jobs and create a resume right on the website.
- CUR-Council on Undergraduate Research Registry of Undergraduate Researchers and Graduate Schools.
The Council on Undergraduate Research has initiated a Registry of Undergraduate Researchers. The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree, and graduate schools seeking high quality students who are well prepared for research. Currently the Registry is open to students and graduate schools/employers in the fields of Astronomy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geosciences, Engineering, Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology/Archaeology.
- Jobs near me: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/n/Full-Time-Jobs-Near-Me
- College Jobs and Internships: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/college-jobs
Wheaton College Internship and Career Resources
- Wheaton College Center for Vacation and Career provides students with excellent resources. Their "menu" of services include career counseling, internship assistance, resume and cover letter critique, StrengthsQuest assessment tool, on-campus interviews, career events, fairs and workshops, resource library, online job postings, mock interviews, informational interview contacts, and networking opportunities.
- Wheaton College Health Professions Office - lists opportunities for students in shadowing, internships, pre-veterinary internships, gap year ideas, etc.
- Wheaton College Sociology & Anthropology Internships lists internships that may be of interest to BHS Majors.
- Thinking about becoming a science teacher? A Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program is available with a Biology major. A Combined Bachelor's/MAT program may be completed in six years and one summer. See the Education section in the catalog.