Thank you for your interest in Wheaton College! We are pleased you are applying and look forward to working with you throughout the application process.
Please note that you may apply to the College of Arts and Sciences or to the Conservatory of Music, but not both. This is the application process for the College of Arts and Sciences. If you wish to pursue a Bachelor of Music or a Bachelor of Music Education, please apply to the .
Before you begin the process, please review the definitions and timing information below. All the requirements listed must be met in order to be considered for admission.Apply Using the Wheaton Application Apply Using the Common App
- First-Year applicants (first-time, first-year) are those students who have not yet graduated from high school, regardless of the number of college credits earned, or those who have graduated but have not earned any post-high school college credit. College coursework is evaluated after acceptance.
- Transfer applicants are those who, at the time of application, have graduated from high school and subsequently earned credit at a higher education institution.
- International Students: If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, please review the admissions process for International Students.
Other Types of Applicants
- Previous Applicants: Students who have applied to Wheaton College within the last two years, but who have not enrolled, should apply online. Additional required items include a final high school transcript, a new academic recommendation, subsequent college transcripts, and an essay. The application fee is waived for these applicants. If the original application was submitted over two years ago, the candidate must submit a new application to the College of Arts and Sciences or to the Conservatory of Music.
- Returning Students: Students who have previously enrolled in a degree program and have been away for a semester or more must complete a Returning Student Application (PDF). No application fee is required. Please submit transcripts for college work completed at other schools as well.
- Special Students: Non-degree seeking students apply with a Special Student Application. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 800.222.2419 to request one.
- Applicant with Bachelor's Degree: If you have already earned a bachelor's degree, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office before applying.
Deadlines and Timing
|Admission Round||Application Due||Decision Notification by||Reply-by Date|
|Early Action I||October 15||Thanksgiving||May 1|
|Early Action II||November 15||Christmas||May 1|
|Regular Decision I||January 15||March 1||May 1|
|Regular Decision II||February 15||April 1||May 1|
|Spring Entry||October 1*||November 1||December 1|
|Entry Term||Application Due||Decision Notification by||Reply-by Date|
|Spring Entry||October 1 for guaranteed consideration*||November 1||December 1|
|Fall Entry||March 1 for guaranteed consideration||April 1||May 1|
*We are still accepting applications for Spring 2021 admission. Apply today for priority consideration.
1. Complete Your Application
- Complete the Online Application
- Write and Submit Your Essays
- Pay the $50 Application Fee*
Before you submit the online application, you will need to pay the non-refundable $50 application fee by credit card, debit card, or online check. Payment is made from within the application system.
* The $50 application fee is waived for all applicants who apply by November 15.
2. Request Transcripts and Reports
- High School Transcripts
Please request an official transcript from your high school. We accept official transcripts that are sent electronically (through an official transcript service), or by mail. The transcript should include grades earned, class rank (if available), and GPA. Mailed transcripts should be sent to:
Wheaton College Undergraduate Admissions
501 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
- High School Report (Optional)
The High School Report (PDF) is for first-year applicants only, and is optional. It should be completed by the high school guidance office, and submitted with your official transcript and school profile. Regular Action applicants do not need to send a 7th semester grade report or 7th semester transcript.
- Homeschool students
If you were homeschooled for any part of high school, submit the Homeschool Information Form with a transcript signed by a homeschool official.
- College transcripts
Transfer applicants are required to submit transcripts from all colleges they enrolled at, whether or not credit was earned or grades were received. First-Year applicants who have taken or are taking college courses should also submit transcripts.
- International Students: Please see the "Request Secondary School Records" and "University Records" sections of How to Apply as an International Student.
3. Request Recommendation Letters
A report from one of your core academic teachers (English, science, social science, math, or foreign language) is required. This should be someone who knows your classroom performance well. Homeschool students should refer to the academic recommendation form for further instructions.
After starting your online application, you will have the option of sending an online recommendation form by email to the recommender you have chosen. From the "My Account" page of your online application account, click on "Submit Supplemental Items" in the application checklist, then follow the instructions for sending a recommendation request.
4. Satisfy Christian Faith Reference
You can satisfy the Christian Faith reference requirement in either one of two ways:
- Submit a Christian Mentor recommendation letter from a pastor, youth leader, or Christian mentor (non-family members). After starting your online application, you will have the option of sending an online recommendation form by email to the recommender you have chosen. From the "My Account" page of your online application account, click on "Submit Supplemental Items" in the application checklist, then follow the instructions for sending a recommendation request. OR
- Interview by video or phone call with an Admissions Counselor and share more about your Christian faith. Set up an interview with an admissions counselor by emailing us.
5. Send Standardized Test Scores (optional)
We have removed the standardized test score requirement for first-year and transfer students applying for admission for Spring 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022 entry. If you would like a standardized test score considered for admission, you can indicate this on your application. You can submit SAT, ACT, or CLT (Classical Learning Test) test scores. All test scores should be sent directly from the testing company to Wheaton College or included on your high school transcript.
- Wheaton's Code Numbers
Wheaton "superscores" the SAT, ACT, and CLT using the highest critical reading and math scores from any sitting of the SAT test, and calculating the highest composite ACT score using subscores from any sitting of the ACT test.
- English Proficiency Requirements: English proficiency requirements apply to all international students and to U. S. residents whose native language is not English.
6. Schedule an Interview (optional)
Interviews are an optional part of the application process that allow us to get to know applicants better. Appointments for on-campus and telephone interviews can be scheduled by calling the Visit Coordinator at 800.222.2419 x2 or by emailing us.
Students who are living outside the United States are welcome to schedule a Skype or phone interview. Please send a request for an international interview to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Apply for Financial Aid
All applicants are considered for academic merit scholarships. Please consult Cost & Aid for instructions on how to apply for need-based financial aid. Direct your questions to the Student Financial Services Office at 800.362.2674, or contact them via email. The priority processing deadline for financial aid is November 15 for First-Year Early Action and Spring applicants, February 15 for First-Year Regular Decision applicants, and March 1 for Fall Transfer applicants.