Posted November 2, 2021 by Wheaton College Parent Engagement
Tags: Parent Announcements
We look forward to welcoming parents, siblings, and grandparents this weekend! If you are coming to campus, here are some important last-minute details:
- Welcome Table — Stop by the Family Weekend Welcome Table in the lower level of the Todd M. Beamer Student Center (lower Beamer) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Friday. Our team will be there to greet you and answer questions about the weekend. When you stop at the Welcome Table, you will be eligible to enter a raffle to win one of three Wheaton-themed gift baskets!
- President’s Prayer Time — Please join us for the President’s Prayer Time on Saturday morning between 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. in Coray Alumni Gymnasium (main floor of the Beamer Student Center). President Ryken will share an encouraging devotional, and you will have the opportunity to pray with other parents for your children and for Wheaton College. No RSVP is required, but seating is limited. Doors will open at 9:10 a.m. and close when the room is at capacity (360 people).
- Talent Show — The Student Talent Show is a popular tradition at Wheaton — don’t miss one of two identical performances on Friday (5 and 8 p.m.)! Our colleagues in Intercultural Arts and Media are overseeing this event and tickets can be purchased here. There will be no cash sales available; everything is online. QR code signs will be posted in lower Beamer and outside of Edman Chapel if you want to purchase tickets when you get to campus. Please bring a printed or digital copy of your receipt and your I.D. to the performance. Should you have questions about the Talent Show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.752.5181.
- Parking — Parking is available in lots across campus. All spaces not designated for service or emergency vehicles are free for your use this weekend.
- Weather — Chicago weather can be unpredictable, so check out the latest forecast before you pack.
As a reminder, all guests will be required to follow the campus face covering policy throughout the weekend. As always, if you have any last-minute questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 630.752.5047.
We will miss all of you who would like to be here this weekend but can’t. Please know that we are grateful for all our parents and for the privilege of serving you.
Cindra Stackhouse Taetzsch ’82
Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni/Parent Engagement