2023-2024 Student Leadership Opportunities
Picture Your Path
As you consider joining a leadership team for the 23-24 school year, know that whatever choice you make, you will find support and encouragement. On your path of exploration, you will come to know that the student life experience is deeply enhanced by campus involvement. We invite you to join us along this path of service and hospitality. Together, strengthening our faith and relationships as leaders to discover, belong, form, and engage the Wheaton student experience.
Watch this short video to learn more. Applications, team information, and recruiting deadlines can be found below.
Be sure to click on the headshots above to watch individual student leader videos!
Current freshmen are invited to apply to serve next year in the Admissions Office as Dekes – welcoming prospective students to campus by giving tours and hosting overnight. Dekes also have a focus on intentional community among the team.
Info Meeting on Thursday, January 26th at 8pm in Meyer 145.
Applications and recommendations are due on February 6, 2023.
Be part of a dynamic team, serving our campus in areas of spiritual growth, diversity, and leadership. Stop by the Chaplain's Office in Lower Beamer for more information & check your email for future information.
- Student Chaplain applications and references are due Sunday, January 29 at 11:59pm CST. Please provide one staff/faculty and one peer reference. Job descriptions for all Student Chaplain positions here.
- Chapel Band Leader and Member applications are still open! Leader applications will close Wednesday, January 11th and Member applications will close on Monday, February 6th. For more details on these positions, please see our Leader Profile and our Member Profile.
- Discipleship Ministries Cabinet and Coach applications and references are due Saturday, February 4 at 11:59pm CST. All relevant information, including the application/reference links and job descriptions, can be found here.
- Discipleship Ministries Leader applications and references are due Saturday, March 18 at 11:59pm CST. All relevant information, including the application/reference links and job descriptions, can be found here.
Explore ways to pair your creativity with student leadership opportunities! ICAM teams include College Union, Media Team, and Storytelling Project. Visit the Intercultural Arts & Media page for more information and application links.
Participate in God’s redemptive work of the Gospel by discovering and growing in your ministry leadership through Ministry & Evangelism! Join students who are passionate about serving the Lord in works of justice and proclaiming the good news of Christ’s salvation both on and off campus. Visit the Ministry & Evangelism page or stop by our office to learn about leadership opportunities.
We are accepting applications for director positions of Student Missionary Partners, World Christian Fellowship, and Student Evangelism Cabinet from January 17-February 3. We will conduct interviews following that timeframe and send out decisions by February 17.
Applications for Cabinet Positions on Student Missionary Partners, World Christian Fellowship, and Student Evangelism Cabinet will be open from February 1-March 12. Cabinet positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
If students are interested in applying for a director role or cabinet position on a Ministry Team, they can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to the Ministry Team directly for more information.
Visit the Multicultural Development page to find more information about ways to get involved in the following student groups:
- Gospel Choir
- Shalom Community
- Unidad Cristiana
- William Osborne Society
- O.P.T. (OMD Publishing Team)
Sign up to welcome in the class of 2027 as a Passage Student Leader! At each site you will have the chance to work with a small group of incoming freshmen or transfers. You have the option to serve at the Wilderness, Northwoods, Equestrian, Transfer (Chicago), Downtown, Woodlawn or Late Arrival Transfers (Wheaton College) Passage sites.
- For more information, stop by the Voss Room in Lower Beamer or email Passage@wheaton.edu
- Info night: Wednesday, February 8th at 6:30 pm in the Phelps Room
- Passage Leader application