Submit your BEST PICS to the 2022 GPS Photo Contest!
Guidelines for Photo Submissions
- Images must be high-resolution and each entry must be named with last name, first initial and submission number (e.g.: Smith, R. 1)
- Please include a short statement with each photo explaining how it exemplifies the theme of the selected submission category.
- To the extent that it is feasible, the photographer should secure the permission of people included in the submitted photo(s) to display their image at Wheaton College, on the website, or in Wheaton College publications. Please identify any students in the photo by full name and class year.
- Photos must have been taken by a Wheaton College student while participating in a Wheaton-approved program from spring 2019 through fall 2022.
- Each student may submit up to 3 photos for consideration.
- The photographer must sign the release to allow Wheaton College to use the image and written description. The photographer will be credited for his/her work in any photo contest related displays or materials.
- Photos will be judged and a winner announced in each of the following categories:
- Engagements [relational] - relationships, communities, or interactions that were formative during your international experience.
- Environments [spatial] - spaces abroad that shaped your perspective...where you lived, learned, worked, volunteered, or frequented. (It's always good to see you and/or other Wheaties in the photo!)
- Experiences [active] - activities, experiences, learning opportunities, or practices that were impactful for you.
- Judges' Choice - a photo selected by our judging panel from any of the three submission categories.
- Photos must be uploaded by Saturday, October 15, 2022.
The winners in each category will receive an Amazon gift card!
Reception to announce the winners
Winning photos will be revealed at A Global Lens: Changing Perspectives Photo Exhibit and Reception on December 1st (location and time to be announced) and posted on Wheaton's website and social media channels. We hope you'll join us at the reception for refreshments and stories from the photographers!